Monday, February 2, 2009

Boy, Did That Year Go By Fast!

Cake-one-candle-iStock_000004112625XSmall.jpg

Today is my first anniversary as a blogger. Boy, did that year fly by quickly!

Despite initial worries about finding something to say, I am somewhat amazed to find that 228 posts have somehow transpired here. I started the blog with the idea of writing mostly about radiology. I think I've mostly managed to do that. However, after perusing the list of tags that have accumulated over the year, I can see that I've also veered off into a few other directions. I must say that I'm looking forward to seeing what will crawl out of my brain over the next year.

Regular writing teaches several lessons. One of the most pleasant things I've learned from this experience is just how much fun it is to write when I’m not on deadline, and the only editor I have to please is myself.

I’ve spent my whole career writing scientific manuscripts, book chapters and other academic fodder. However, scientific writing tends to be pretty darned formulaic -- it’s rarely great literature. This blog is the first thing that I’ve ever written just for the fun of it.

As a way of marking this bloggoversary, I'll be hosting tomorrow's episode of Grand Rounds in this space with a loose anniversary theme.

Don't touch that dial...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the one year anniversary. I'm looking forward to what else you post in the year ahead.