Sunday, August 31, 2008

A Bakery Hannibal Lecter Would Love

My spouse and I just finished watching the excellent second season of Dexter. Only minutes later, by interesting coincidence, I ran into this gruesome but fascinating post on the "Body Bakery" in Ratchaburi, Thailand.



This bakery is the studio of Thai artist Kittiwat Unarrom. Therein he sculpts amazingly realistic (and highly edible) replicas of dismembered human body parts out of bread. These are then packaged as food items and sold in the showroom of his gallery.

It's been pretty hard to gross me out since cadaver lab back in med school, but civilians may find Unarrom's work a bit disturbing. The Shape and Colour blog conveys this unease quite articulately.

(via Movin' Meat)

1 comment:

Dragonfly said...

Craving a sandwich....I is not.